WHAT IS EPOXY-FLOORING ?
Epoxy-flooring, Epoxy paintings and Epoxy coatings are become more preferred choices in singapore residential, industrial and HDB buildings.
Have you realized that, you always wanted to keep your floor, walls that’s strong, durable, easy to maintain, and that looks fantastic? Epoxy floors may be just the solution for you! There's a good chance that you’ve never heard of an epoxy floor before, so we’ve put together everything that you need to know. For more information or advice, have a chat with your local floor coatings specialist.
An epoxy-flooring, Epoxy-coating is a liquid resin mixed with a self hardening agent, applied in a variety of thicknesses over new or existing flooring surface. The resin is available in few flavours of colours and has no any odour. When it is mixed with the hardener, a chemical reaction begins that transforms the resin into a strong, feel like plastic materialized surface.
While it is hardening, epoxy is extremely adhesive, so it securely bonds to the bottom surface and the edges of any walls. After hardening, the seamless floor becomes strong, durable and chemically resistant. In addition, epoxy floors have several other notable benefits, including the following:
- Epoxy is a high-gloss material that can be easily polished to a beautiful shine
- Epoxy is environmentally friendly
- Epoxy floors are non-porous and resist spills, stains and chemical etching
- Epoxy flooring is easy to clean (eg: Residence, Kitchen, Toilets, etc..)
- Epoxy floors are safe because they are slip resistant and fire resistant
- Epoxy is impact resistant for improved durability
- Epoxy floors are very affordable and are considered to be one of the most cost-efficient flooring materials available today
Uses for Epoxy FlooringEpoxy-flooring is perfect for a variety of residential, commercial and industrial purposes. It’s also a fantastic alternative to polyurethane floor coating, which is expensive, difficult to apply and can emit strong fumes. Epoxy is easy to apply and can be commonly found in a wide range of settings, including:
- Industrial factories
- Food preparation facilities and restaurants
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing plants
- Water treatment plants
- Scientific and medical laboratories
- Retail stores
Types of Epoxy FloorsThere are few types of epoxy flooring that you can choose from. These include:
- Self-dispersing-epoxy-floors – this is a very strong floor and thus is used in areas of high traffic and heavy use.
- Self-dispersing-epoxy-floors with quartz sand – same as a self dispersing epoxy floor but with excellent anti slip properties.
- Self-levelling-epoxy-floors – these floors are easy to clean and look after, and they are very popular for use in kitchens, dining rooms, and so on.
- Mortar-epoxy-floors – this is the strongest of all epoxy floors available. They are also good for repairing cracks before laying another type of epoxy floor.
- Gravelled-epoxy-floors – this the most decorative of all epoxy floors but it is also the most complicated floor to lay. These floors have good anti slip qualities.
- Epoxy-terrazzo-floors – these are also very decorative epoxy floors, and they are mainly used in large spaces.
- Epoxy-antistatic-floors – these are used in sensitive areas where there should be no static present in the environment at all.
- Epoxy-flaked-floors – these floors are epoxy based, but they actually have coloured chips or flakes laid within the floors for decoration.
- The flakes also provide a slightly rough surface that provides good anti slip qualities. The flakes come in different colours and can be mixed in the combination of your choice.
Buying Epoxy Paint in singapore?
Feel free to contact us